Wednesday 20 July 2011

Panasonic TV Plasma 'Red Light Of Death'.

Panasonic TVs 'Red Light Of Death'!

Welcome to Panasonic TVs 'Red Light Of Death'! Fail.

Greetings, and welcome to Panasonic Plasma Fail. This blog is intended as a site for consolidating consumer complaints about Panasonic Plasma, and possibly other,  television sets.

If you are having problems with your Panasonic plasma television set not turning on, please add the details in the comments thread.

You might have reached this site by typing in one of the following search phrases:
  • my panasonic plasma will not turn on
  • red light blinks seven times
  • what is wrong with my panasonic plasma
  • blinking red light of death
  • faulty power supply on panasonic plasma
If this describes your situation, you have come to the right place. In recent months, a flood of consumers have reported that their Panasonic plasma television sets died unexpectedly. According to some forum experts, these failures are the result of faulty power boards that were shipped with the units.

The bad news is that Panasonic has not done much to publicly acknowledge this problem, and it is very difficult to reach their customer support on the telephone. My understanding is that most people who have encountered this problem after the warranty has lapsed have either (a) paid hundreds of dollars/pounds  for costly repairs or (b) given up and purchased a replacement set. If you have NOT had to pay for this particular repair please let us know.

Within the electronics industry, a 3% failure rate is widely accepted as standard. However, a cursory search of Google reveals that an unusally high number 2007/2008 Panasonic plasma sets have displayed the dreaded "blinking red lights of death." In order to maintain its reputation for quality customer service, Panasonic should really do something to remedy this situation. They should either fix the television sets free of charge, or replace the television sets with working units.

There are dozens upon dozens of complaints about these Panasonic television sets posted to various forums both in the UK and America.  If we can consolidate these complaints in one place, we may be able to put enough pressure on Panasonic to take action

My Particular Panasonic Out Of Warranty Problem.............................. 18th July 2011.
I purchased my Panasonic TX-P42G10B from Currys online on 29th. August 2009. Recently the TV started showing off in so much that on pressing the start up power button either from the Remote Control or or the TV switch the red light power light would flicker but the TV would refuse to turn on. Occasionally the TV would switch on only to switch itself off again after a short passage of time.
On contacting Currys Service Dept. I was informed that as the set was outside of the usual one year Warranty period then I would be charged £60 (which I have already paid) for the engineer to come out and possibly take the set away for assessment. I would then be charged extra to put right whatever problem there is with the set.
I have advised Currys that this set is still under 2 years old and I believe this particular problem is inherent with many Panasonic models of plasma TV, including the TX-P range, and because of this I expect the 1979 Sale Of Goods Act to cover this particular repair, and therefore I am requesting Currys that I am not charged.
Currys have said that if indeed Currys repair found this problem to be inherent then my £60 would be refunded and I would not be charged further.
Currys are coming to collect the set on Thursday 21st. July 2011 and of course right now I do not know if I will be charged or not. But I will not leave it there if I am!
There is lots of evidence both here and in America in respect of complaints about this particular range of Panasonic Plasma TVs to the extent that this fault with Panasonic TVs is commonly known as 'The Red Light Of Death'!

At this moment of time I do not know if Currys are going to carry out my particular  repair free of charge.
However, aside from me...... the reason that I have done this Blog is simply to help Panasonic Plasma users who have run into this problem get it sorted!

Please add your experience if  YOU  have had a Red Light Of Death problem! http://panasonicplasmafail.blogspot....asma-fail.html

13 comments:

  1. To be given to the Currys Repair man tomorrow 21st July 2011 in a sealed envelope for his Manager.

    The Manager
    Currys Repair Service

    Dear Sir,

    I purchased this Panasonic TX-P42G10B from Currys online on 29th. August 2009 order reference 7446345571. Recently the TV started showing off in so much that on pressing the start up power button either from the Remote Control or the TV on/off switch the red light power light would flicker but the TV would refuse to turn on. Occasionally the TV would switch on only to switch itself off again after a short passage of time.

    On contacting your Service Dept. I was informed that as the set was outside of the usual one year Warranty period then I would be charged £60 (which I have already paid) for your engineer to come out and possibly take the set away for assessment. I would then be charged extra to put right whatever problem there is with the set.

    With respect, this set is still under 2 years old and after trawling the Internet Forums about this particular problem it is pretty obvious that this situation is inherent with many Panasonic models of plasma TV, including the TX-P range, to the extent that the condition is commonly known as named 'The Red Light Of Death"! Because of this I expect the 1979 Sale Of Goods Act to cover this particular repair, and therefore I am requesting that I am not charged.

    Your call center lady did say that if indeed Currys repair found this problem to be inherent then my £60 would be refunded and I would not be charged further.

    Please also note that in the event you replace any part, like perhaps a faulty power board, then I am requesting that you return any faulty part to me when my TV is returned.

    I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

    Thank You

    Best Regards

    Kenny Thain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this post. Panasonic Plasma TV provides you better features then others it really works nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this post.This is a amazing resolution Panasonic tv india having all new features in it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post !!
    after reading this blog. I would like to add my experience for my friends. I bought a led tv last year . Panasonic's picture is still better overall in my opinion. I guess i made the right choice and got the Panasonic Plasma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this Post last month i gifted this TV to my friend nd and she is using with better experince

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this post.it such a nice Panasonic Plasma TV product .i am happy to buy this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed Panasonic Plasma is the best. I wish they would make a 4K Plasma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Panasonic stop manufacturing Plasma TV. This year Panasonic introduces best range of television with great specification.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought my Panasonic January of 2009 and the red blinking light has now killed the tv 6 yrs 9 months later

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought a TC-P50GT30 back at the end of 2011 for Christmas and now the same problem just 3 years later I haven't fixed it but still have it, it's out of warranty I'm sure but would like to know what I need to order to fix it. it was a great tv too bad it only lasted 3 years, if any one knows what I need to fix please let me know

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, lots of Panasonic shills on here. Yes, these Plasma's have an SC board problem. My 63" plasma just went into "7 Blinks of Death" mode. Sucks that Panasonic isn't offering to fix all of these for free.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a Panasonic Plasma TV MODEL #TCP50530 today July 23, 2018 my red light is flashing and the TV won't come on I have tried phoning Panasonic I can't seem to get a real person to talk to! I have tried to e-mail them for support and you can't! Why? I purchased this TV from Best Buy in San Francisco, Ca I will phone Best Buy tomorrow for a valid phone number for Panasonic, I have no TV!I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED.

    ReplyDelete